About this policy
Throughout this policy, the terms “we”, “us”, “our” and “ANLEC R&D” refer to Australian National Low Emissions Coal Research and Development Ltd (ABN 64 135 762 533). ANLEC R&D is supported by the Australian Government through the Clean Energy Initiative and by the coal industry through ACA Low Emissions Technologies Limited.
ANLEC R&D is committed to protecting the privacy of any personal information it holds about individuals in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). However, users are advised that there are inherent risks in transmitting information across the internet.
When you browse our website, we do not collect your personal information.
Personally identifiable information about you is collected only when you knowingly and voluntarily submit it to us. We collect personal information that individuals choose to give us via online forms or by email, for example when individuals:
- respond to ANLEC R&D expressions of interest;
- submit funding proposals;
- make a written enquiry to ANLEC R&D through the contact details on our website;
- respond to a request for a capability statement or CV of researchers;
- ask ANLEC R&D to notify them, by post or email, about upcoming events etc;
- subscribe to any service, alert or media release available via ANLEC R&D’s website.
When your email address is received by us from you, the email address will only be used or disclosed for the purpose for which it is submitted, unless we disclose other uses in this policy or at the time of collection, and it will not be added to a mailing list or used or disclosed for any other purpose without your consent.
Use and disclosure
ANLEC R&D may be required to disclose your personal information to ANLEC R&D’s funding bodies, consultants, contractors and service providers performing services.
Other than those third parties referred to above, ANLEC R&D will not disclose your personal information to any other third party unless it has reasonable grounds to believe:
- you have authorised ANLEC R&D to do so;
- you would reasonably expect, or have been told, that information of that kind is usually passed to those individuals, bodies or agencies;
- your safety, or the safety of others in the community, is at risk; or
- ANLEC R&D is required or permitted by law to do so.
If ANLEC R&D provides your personal information to a third party, ANLEC R&D generally requires the third party to protect your personal information in the same way ANLEC R&D does.
ANLEC R&D takes reasonable steps to ensure personal information it holds about you is protected from risks such as loss, unauthorised access, use, destruction, modification or disclosure. However, no data transmission over the internet is totally secure. As a result, any personal information you send to ANLEC R&D over the internet (including via e-mail) is sent at your own risk.
Access and correction
The accuracy of your personal information is important. ANLEC R&D takes reasonable steps to ensure personal information it holds about you is accurate, complete, up-to-date, relevant and not misleading. If you believe that any personal information ANLEC R&D holds about you is incorrect, please contact the ANLEC R&D Office Manager.
You have a general right to access the personal information ANLEC R&D holds about you. You may contact the ANLEC R&D Representative to request details of your personal information. ANLEC R&D can deny your request in some circumstances and if it does so, will provide you with written reasons for that denial.
How do I obtain more information or lodge a privacy complaint?
- require further information regarding this policy or any other steps ANLEC R&D has taken to protect your personal information or privacy; or
- have any concerns or a complaint regarding ANLEC R&D’s privacy practices or its management of your personal information,
Please contact the ANLEC R&D Office Manager.
Concerns or complaints about acts or practices of ANLEC R&D may be investigated by the Privacy Commissioner who has power to award compensation against ANLEC R&D in appropriate circumstances.